Pre-registered attendees can choose to pay for a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Saturday arrival at Estrella War XXIV.
"We are really pleased to offer this service for people coming to Estrella War, and we have tried to make the process as easy as possible," said Bannthegn Penelope Dowell of Avonsford, the Estrella War Registrar. "Pre-registration is very important for people who want to pay a lower entrance fee, and for those who wish reserved parking or Dry RV Parking."
Paying your site fees with pre-registration (paying the entrance fee prior to the event) has a number of benefits, including:
- Those who pre-register for a Tuesday arrival are admitted one day earlier than those who pay General Admission.
- Pre-registration entrance fees are lower than the General Admission fees paid at the front gate/troll.
- The front gate/troll only accepts cash and traveler's checks. Pre-registration fees may be paid by check or money order when they are mailed, or with a Mastercard or Visa when they are done on-line.
- Pre-registered attendees are given first access to Reserved Parking and Dry RV Parking.
- The pre-registration line at the front gate/troll is generally far shorter (and moves much faster) than the General Admission line.
Many questions about pre-registration are answered on the event website, or you can direct inquiries to the Estrella War Registrar at pennydowell@ cox.net [OMIT SPACES].
The Estrella War website (www.estrellawar.org) has a wealth of information about the Estrella War XXIV to be held Feb 12 - 18, 2008 at Canyon Moon Ranch in Florence, AZ, including revised FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) and full information about:
- Preparing for the event (travel, weather, on-site/off-site services, pre-registration, land and camping)
- Activities at the event (Arts & Sciences, combat, equestrian, archery, tours and demos)
- Places to know at the event (merchants row, heralds point, period encampment, volunteer point)
- The Estrella War Treaty (what it is, how/when it's written each year, what it contains)
- Event administration (who runs the war, the staff list and how to join the staff)
If you're considering scheduling a winter vacation to attend the event next year, your planning should start with looking at the new Estrella War website!
Duchess Katerina O'Callaghan, OP (Katie Richardson)
SCA Internal Media/Website Content Coordinator
ESTRELLA WAR XXIV (Feb 12-18, 2008)
Mattkatie2@ cox.net [OMIT SPACES]
More details at www.estrellawar.org