Patrick Anderson writes:
The Society Earl Marshal is currently seeking candidates for the position of Deputy Society Marshal for Rapier (DSMR).
The DSMR's duties include the following:
- Supervision of all Kingdom rapier combat rules to ensure they adhere to current Society rules.
- Maintaining, updating and enforcing the Society rules for rapier combat.
- Acting as a resource for Kingdom Rapier Marshals (KRMs) and all rapier marshals throughout the Society.
- Acting as a resource for other Society and Kingdom officers for other combat disciplines when coordination is needed.
- Coordination of bids for the annual Known World Academy of the Rapier (KWAR).
- Administration of an electronic mailing list for KRMs.
- Regular reporting to the Society Earl Marshal and through him to the Board of Directors.
The successful candidate should have the following skills/competencies:
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and electronic) and the ability to work with other Corporate, Society and Kingdom officers and deputies.
- Extensive familiarity with Society level armored and rapier combat rules.
- Strong knowledge of the differences in rapier "culture" between the various SCA kingdoms.
- Knowledge of current Society Rapier policies and issues currently facing SCA rapier combatants.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with SCA Corporate and Kingdom structure.
As the bulk of the management of the office is now done electronically, a reliable internet connection is also required.
The current Deputy Society Marshal for Rapier intends to step down in the fall of 2007, around the time of the Known World Academy of the Rapier.
Applications for the office will be accepted through September 15, 2007 and the successful applicant will be notified in October.
Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org
This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.