Come join us for a delicious feast and beautiful bardic performances as we choose the next Bard of the Mists. The site opens at 10:00, and the competition starts at 1:00. Between rounds there will be opportunities for dancing.
This year the competition will consist of the same traditional five rounds:
- First round: A period piece.
- Second round: A piece in a period style.
- Third round: Bard's Choice. This year the piece should be in praise of Laurels, either the entire Order or a particular Laurel or Laurels.
- Fourth round: Your Masterpiece. Please perform a piece that you have written that displays your talent at its best.
- Fifth round: Draw three words out of a hat, with fifteen minutes to compose a piece.
The feast will be cooked by the able hands of Mistress Crystal of the Westermark and Master Wulfric of Creigull, so bring your appetites! You can get your feast tickets from the autocrat by writing, emailing, or calling the contact information below, or by looking for the Bard of the Mists at events.
St. Mark's Episcopal Church
1957 Pruneridge Ave
Santa Clara CA 95050
Site opens at 10:00 a.m. and closes at 10:00 p.m.
Site fee: $8 for members, $11 for non-members, $4 for children under 12.
The feast fee will be $11 per person.
Branwen ferch Emrys
Take your best route to I-880 in San Jose. Take the Bascom exit going South. Make the first Right, onto Hedding St., heading West. Hedding St. turns into Pruneridge Avenue after the second light. The church is on the right shortly after.
Principality of the Mists (Santa Clara California)