The Shire of An Dun Theine (who else?) presents - Beggars Rebellion 2007: Another Totally Silly Event based loosely on Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and their stage production Spamalot.
Games, weapons scenarios, stuff for the kids AND the over-35 "I'm not dead yet" fighters!
At The Cumberland Centre: 3407 Gillespie Lane Columbia, Tennessee 38401
See our webpage at: http://www.anduntheine.org/beggars.html
Friday Evening will bring you Tavern Anthrax under the under the Sign of the Grail with Zoot and the Maidens, table games, travelers' fare, & continuous showings of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Watch out for the Troll!
Armored Combat will be:
- Brave Sir Robin Tournament - Round Robin of course! Extra Credit for Minstrels!
- Serf's Up! Melee with farm animal missile weapons (provided)
- Black Knight Memorial "I'm Not Dead Yet" Tournament - for fighters age 35 and older
- Bridge Battles over the Gorge of Eternal Peril - 3 weapon styles required
- Soft Parry Tournament with rubber chickens (or bring your own silly parry item)
Shoot through the window frame (with curtains), with a note on the arrow, at Patsy the serf.
Children's shoot at the nasty bunnies with big pointy teeth.
Silly Games will include:
The French Taunting Contest, Lady of the Lake Ring Toss for the kids, "Bring Out Your Dead" wheelbarrow relay races, and Silly Water Games to cool off
Do your best parodies during the day - populace judged at feast:
- Best Impersonation or Parody (with costume) of a Holy Grail or Spamalot character
- Best Group Act based on something seen in Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- Best Subtlety made from Spam
Food and Feast: Of course we will serve you a fun, and fully edible and enjoyable, feast! There might even be dancing Knights of the Round Table! There will also be breakfasts, and a cheap fundraiser lunch.
Don't miss the bardic under the stars after feast Saturday night. It was a great time last year.
Take I-65 to Exit 37, then Hwy 50 South/East. After 100 yards turn left onto Joe Reeves Rd. Take the next left onto Luke Moser Rd. Go to Gillespie Road and turn right. The Centre is on the left after the stream. Location:
Shire of An Dun Theine (Columbia, Tennessee)