Come one come all to the Barony of Eskalya¹s Newcomer¹s Event, June 29 July 1 at Centennial Park!
Join the Barony of Eskalya for a weekend of fun and frivolity to the theme of the Tres Riche Huers de Duc du Barry.
There shall be, for the enjoyment of the populace:
- A rapier tournament sponsored by Guildmistress Sorcha. The entry requirement? A non-standard, off-hand defense.
- A double elimination heavy tournament with a fantastic prize brought back from sunny climes.
- A hunt of epic proportions for the young.
- Two arts and sciences competitions, illumination, and the zodiac in any mode.
- A prize for the grandest, and most period, campsite.
- A lunch of soup and bread.
- A potluck feast with the meats provided:
- Aquarius Taurus: Greens
- Gemini Virgo: Starches
- Libra Capricorn: Dessert
- Also, a barn sale to benefit the Barony put on by Lady Isabel
Site will open Friday night at 6pm , come set up early and join us for dinner al fresco, singing, and some fun. Site closes Sunday by 4pm . Opening court will be held around noon, with a Baronial business meeting to follow directly. The two tournaments are scheduled for approximately 1:30 pm.
$10 for 12 and over
$5 for 5 11
Under 5 - no charge
$3 Non-member surcharge
As the goal of this event is to present the best possible face to the newcomers, the autocrats ask that all modern items be kept out of sight or well disguised.
For any other questions, please contact: Lady Clare clairemargery(at)gmail(dot)com or Mistress Clare email: geppert_kerri(at)asdk12(dot)org
Directions to site:
From north (Eagle River, Palmer, Wasilla and points further north): Take Muldoon exit and travel south. Turn left at the first light across the overpass. Take first left and follow road to Centennial Park. Travel through the park to the back campsite.
From south (Anchorage and points further south):
Take your best route to Tudor/Muldoon. Take Muldoon road north to Glenn Highway. Turn right onto Boundary (light immediately before on ramp to Glenn Highway). Take first left and follow road to Centennial Park. Travel through the park to the back campsite. Location:
Barony of Eskalya (Anchorage, Alaska)