Greetings to the Gentles of the Known World,
Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for June detailing what is new in the Florilegium this month.
I'm always looking for more good articles. Often Arts and Sciences documentation or class handouts can be good candidates for the Florilegium if they can stand alone without the item or the teacher. In addition, since I accept updates you can later replace the documentation or handout with an article. Papers written as A&S entries are especially desired. Let folks across the Known World
If you have any comments or suggestions about the Florilegium, please email me with them. Many of the changes to the Florilegium over the years are because of comments by readers.
A Blending of the Past and Present
Over the past sixteen years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make this information available to others, I have placed this information in a series of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.
I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for more details.
I am also interested in volunteers who might be interested in helping me maintain the Florilegium. Everything from collecting materials, editing and web work is needed. Again, please contact me for more details.
For those who would like to help support the Florilegium project in another way, I have added a PayPal donation button on the top page of the site. Any donations, while not tax deductible, do help pay the overhead costs of keeping the site running.
THLord Stefan li Rous
stefan at florilegium.org
Here are the new files for this month:
In the FEASTS section:
- kit-job-titls-msg - Medieval kitchen job titles.
- Wst-Nt-Wnt-Nt-rev - A review by Mistress Jadwiga Zajaczkowa of "Waste Not, Want Not: Food Preservation ...", edited by C. Anne Wilson.
In the FOOD-SWEETS section:
- Cndied-Ginger-art - "Candied Ginger for Remembraunce - Two Versions" by THL Johnnae llyn Lewis
In the PENNSIC section:
- Fly-2-Pennsic-msg - Flying to and from Pennsic and other events.
- Pennsic-IX-bk-art - The Pennsic IX participants booklet.
In the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section:
- rose-oil-msg - Medieval rose oil. Making it.
In the SCA-INC section:
- Pickg-a-Baron-art - "What to look for in a Baronial candidate?" by Duchess Willow de Wisp.
Here are some of the updated files.
- camp-kitchens-msg - Camp kitchen ideas for SCA use.
- fd-New-World-msg - 16th C. food of and from the New World.
- food-gifts-msg - Period food items that make good gifts.
- grains-msg - Medieval grains. Recipes. Cooking.
- marmalades-msg - Period marmalades and fruit jellies and jams
- merch-cloth-lst - Lists of clothes and pattern merchants.
- sausage-makng-msg - Sausage making techniques. Supplies.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if the file descriptions are left unchanged. Removing any of the updated files listed in order to fit the article into limited publication space is allowed. The article introduction may also be edited, provided the web address and contact info are retained.
THLord Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: http://www.florilegium.org ****