Come join the Barony of Unser Hafen in finding the new champions who will take up the challenge of representing their arts in the year to come.
Saturday June 2nd, 1:00pm to 10:00 pm
City Park - Shelter #7, Fort Collins, CO
Equestrian Competition: Saturday June 2nd, 9:00 to Noon
Silver Cloud Arabians, 40702 N. Weld County Road 15, Fort Collins, CO
Archery Warden Competition: Sunday May 27th, 11:00am to 1:00pm
Fort Collins Archery Range, Fort Collins, CO
Adults, $5.00. Children 12 and below $3.00
Make checks payable to "SCA, Inc. - Unser Hafen"
No pets. Children must be under watch at all time around the horses.
The following champion competitions will be held:
- Defender: Drawn Weapons Tournament. Participants must be authorized in both single-handed and two-handed weapons.
- Protector: Tournament details to be announced.
- Warden: A Wand Shoot, Archers Darts and a Speed Round. Participants must be authorized archers.
- Equestrian: Competition to emphasize skill with weapons, horsemanship and most especially fun! Participants must be authorized at a minimum of a walk.
- A&S: Display only - documentation optional. Commentary only - documentation optional. Kingdom Level Judging - documentation required. Those wishing to be considered for champion must participate in the Kingdom Level Judging.
- Bardic: Two Pieces, one must be a song, one must be happy or funny. A single piece may be used to meet both requirements but a second piece will still be required.
All comers are welcome to participate. Champions will be selected from those participants who live within the Barony and who wish to be considered for the position. Participants must be authorized in their chosen art prior to the event. There will be opportunities to do so at practices throughout the month.
A pot luck lunch will be held at the Equestrian site prior to moving over to the main event. Please bring a dish to share.
Directions to Main Event:
From I-25, take exit 269B (CO 14, Mulberry St.) into Fort Collins. Continue on Mulberry past Shields and past the City Park Lake to City Park Drive. Turn right into the park, the shelter will be on the right.
Directions to Archery:
From I-25, take exit 268 (Prospect Road). Take the first left on the west side of the freeway (Frontage Road). Follow Frontage as it winds back to the freeway and continues south about ¾ mi. Just past a house, it will end at the parking lot for the archery range.
Barony of Unser Hafen (Fort Collins, Colorado)