Eirik Andersen writes:
As today is Pikemans Pleasure (I hope to see many of you there!) I've decided to post another album from a canton that has come forward with some classic photos from their past. Many thanks to the people of Petrea Thule (and THL Keja) for allowing me to borrow their album and share it with you. http://www.tworavens.org/gallery/main.php/v/hostedphotos/Thule/ is where you will find it.
I am attempting (in a unofficial capacity) to scan/catalog/share photos of Ealdormere, via my website Tworavens.org. If you have photos you would like to share, please contact me at email@example.com. I am willing to scan photos out of a album myself (I work in print shop and have access to some expensive flatbed scanners). The utmost in care will be taken. I know there are more great photos out there! :)
As well, those of you who may not be so familiar with my website, I have already archived a large number of photos with historical interest for the Kingdom... Here is a list of the major ones, but I invite you to check them all out!
- Lord Gunther and Mistress Nicolaa's massive historical collection.
- Sir Finnvar and Mistress Ragni's album (Lots of early Middle Kingdom/Ealdormere/East Kingdom stuff).
- THL Raffe's allowed me to borrow his albums, which include a lot of early Principality of Ealdormere photos.
- Lord Duncan has sent me photos from the late Master Naon's collection.
- Dame Tsivia has allowed me to scan (with a promise of more to come ;) ) photos of one of Ealdormere's earlier Coronations, as well as several older magazines with some great articles/photos of the SCA.. See if you can spot the Ealdormerei :)
- Lady Megan of Ard Chreag allowed me to scan a assortment of her photos, dating Pre-Kingdom, including the Reign of Sir Osis and Valthjona. This album features many of our currently active Peers in their early years in the SCA.
Finally, I'd like to put out the request that folks comment on the photos, even if it's just a few at a time. It's easy to sign up so your name is automatically logged in on the site (log-in/Registration control is on the top right side of any page on tworavens.org) , and you can even comment without logging in. It's vitally important that you do comment.. Some of these photos predate me, and I just don't know the folks in them. Do not let their names be forgotten!
Thank You and Regards,