Job Description and Qualifications
Liaison for International Affairs,
Society for Creative Anachronism Inc.
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MAY 31, 2007
The position of Liaison for International Affairs reports to the President of the SCA Inc. This unpaid position requires roughly 10 hours per week. The Liaison serves as a go-between with the SCA’s Parent Corporation and the SCA’s International Affiliate Corporations and non-affiliate, international branches. The primary purpose of this office is to ensure that the Parent Corporation meets the international SCA community’s needs, recognizing that certain international business, legal and cultural differences may require different policies and procedures than in the United States.
Position duties and responsibilities:
- Provide the SCA’s Parent Corporation with guidance to assure an international/global perspective in its decision- making processes
- Liaise between the Presidents of the SCA’s International Affiliate Corporations and the Kingdom Seneschals of non- affiliate, international branches and the Parent Corporation to ensure resolution of important issues
- Proactively research business, legal and cultural differences in the various countries where SCA branches exist and recommend policy and procedure changes to help avoid potential pitfalls
- Advise the Parent Corporation on ways to promote sustainable growth within the SCA’s International Affiliate Corporations and non-affiliate, international branches
- Promote the SCA’s efforts in the international arena
- Maintain contact with all branches concerning international issues
- Maintain communication with the SCA Inc.’s President and Board of Directors
- File quarterly reports with the President of the SCA Inc.
- Keep apprised of current international issues which may affect the SCA’s foreign branches
- Serve on various committees as required
- Complete other tasks as assigned
Position qualifications and requirements:
- Membership in the SCA Inc. or one of its International Affiliate Corporations
- Experience researching and resolving international business issues
- Experiencing analyzing implications of international developments
- Experience working in a professional environment outside the United States a plus
- Multi-lingual capability a plus
- Experience in banking and finance a plus
Qualifications for the position include excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to work independently to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines, and strong computer skills. Experience in a modern international business setting, organizational ability and problem-solving skills are a must. Experience in a modern non-profit organization and prior experience at the Corporate level of the SCA are desirable, but not required.
As a great deal of the SCA’s Corporate business occurs via the internet, familiarity and basic skills with a computer, MS Office software (such as Microsoft Word and Excel), printers, and e-mail are required. The successful applicant must have reliable access to e-mail and a printer.
Hard copies of résumés (both professional and medieval, including offices held and awards received) must be sent to the attention of the SCA’s Corporate Office, P.O. Box 360789, Milpitas, CA 95036-0789 USA. Résumés must be received by May 31, 2007.
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Jason Williams, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the SCA Inc., Hal Simon, Chairman Elect or Patrick Anderson, President of the SCA Inc. Mr. Williams may be reached by phone at 714-785-4210, or via e-mail at email@example.com. Mr. Simon may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mr. Anderson may be reached at email@example.com.
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org
This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.