Don Duncan writes:
Monday night my home was broken into and a lot of stuff was stolen, including my car. I am working with police and the insurance company now, and everyone in the house is okay. The reason I am telling y'all this is because in the trunk of the car was all of my fencing gear.
- a deltin from Darkwood Armory, with green leather wrapped grips and a symmetrical swept hilt guard. The blade was tipped with leather wrapped cork.
- a schlager with green leather wrapped grip, brass grip and pommel, and brass button tips on the quillions and knucklebow. The blade was tipped with leather wrapped cork
- another schlager, with chromed swept hilt guard, diamond cross section quillions, and a light colored wooden grip.
- another schlager with simple 2 ring guard, and a ring dagger, with cherry grips and disc pommels, from MAS weapons
- a custom made safe-flex bladed main gauche with a hexagonal brass pommel with a red gem on the end
- an epee with a pierced cup hilt (also MAS I think). The blade was tipped with leather wrapped cork
Also in the bag were a 3 weapon fencing mask, leather gorget, 2 pair of gloves (brown and black), hood, cloak, wooden buckler... the standard kit I guess. But the easiest to recognize by far, and the most likely to show up in a pawn shop or on EBay are the rapiers, which is why I posted their details here.
They were stolen in Dallas Texas the night/morning of August 28/29, so will likely be somewhere close.. but ya never know. My car had a 3/4 tank of gas, which for a hybrid would take them to the corners of the kingdom, so the stuff could be anywhere I guess.
Anyway, if anyone spots any of these items, please contact me or the police. Also, please post to any other list that you think might help.
Don Duncan Hepburn
mka Wayne Ross