The lovely Baroness Katarzina invites one and all to come to Peters Creek in Chugiak to vie by right of heavy weapon combat for the chance to become Her new Champion. No claimant shall be denied, yet only one shall prevail.
Peters Creek Community Park
There will be an Arts & Science table set up to display the fine craftsmanship of Oerthan's skilled artisans. Please bring your A&S projects, both finished and works in progress to inspire and delight the populace. In addition there will be A&S classes for adults and a class and activities for children.
- Macramé Goblet Covers - Bring 4 skeins of favorite color embroidery floss & 12 heavy glass or metal beads for edge. Taught by Mistress Rolynnda
- Drop spindle class - Limit 8 students, takes about an hour, all materials and handouts provided by Alienor Fitzhenry
- Viking Leather Boots taught by Sir Georg – bring duct tape and lots of newspaper and an old sock to use as a pattern
- Seven Strand Kumihimo with Helen of Avebury - This is the easiest one to learn!
- Children's Viking Embroidery with Sir Georg
Feast will be a Potluck Lunch at 3 PM with the Barony providing soup, meats and breads. Please bring a dish to feed 8-10 people by SCA first name; A-E, desserts; F-M, main dish; N-Z, a side dish.
The Champion's and Rapier tournaments will begin around 6 PM, (Rapier Tourney first) followed by evening court to recognize the new Champion.
Site opens noon, and closes at 10 PM.
Site fee: Adults $7, Children 5-13 $4, Family rate $20. Non Member
Site is dry.
Located midway between the Baronies of Eskalya and Selviergard, Peters Creek Community Park is 20 miles North of Anchorage on the New Glenn Highway. Take the North Birchwood Exit, cross overpass, turn left onto the Old Glenn, PC Park is 1/2 mile on the right. It is 21 miles South of Wasilla, take South Peters Creek exit, turn left at stop sign, turn right on Old Glenn, go 1/2 mile. SCA signs will be posted.
Lead Autocrat: Helen of Avebury
Mka: Barb Smith
Barony of Selviergard (Chugiak, Alaska)