The Barony of Tir Ysgithr and the Barony March of Mons Tonitrus, the two Great Baronies guarding the southern regions of the Kingdom of Atenveldt, are proud to sponsor SOUTHERN CRUSADES VIII – HEROES OF THE CRUSADES. This 8th annual gathering of warriors, archers, rapier fighters, merchants, dancers, bards, and those interested in things Medieval, combines the most Glorious activities offered by the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA), a not-for-profit educational organization that studies western European history by recreating the "best" pastimes and crafts of the Middle Ages.
We invite you to explore the menu of activities planned for the event, and then put aside the stresses of the modern world, and join us in November. CELEBRATE THE HERO IN ALL OF US!!
Southern Crusades VIII–Heroes Of The Crusades
Thu-Mon, Nov 9-13, 2006 in Winkelman, AZ
ACCEPS available 9/1/06 for Pre-registration
$20 Adult (add $3 for non-member), $10 Youth 6-17
DAY RATE: $10 Adult, $5 Youth 6-17
Youth 5 yrs & under FREE!
FAMILY RATE: $50 Family of 2 adults & 2 or more of their children (add $3 each non-member adult)
10 REASONS TO TAKE VACATION TIME FOR SOUTHERN CRUSADE VIII
- Four & 1/2 days in the Current Middle Ages!
- An all-day Bardic Stage on Merchant's Row (Sat & Sun)!
- Heavy Combat scenarios – including "Early Bird Resurrection Battles" & Friday "Twilight Tourney"!
- SCA equestrian games (Ring Spearing, Reed Chopping, Quintain) & SCA Jousting (new in Atenveldt)!
- A&S Collegium classes all day Saturday & a Combat Cookery Competition!
- Shopping for food & SCA merchandise on Merchant's Row!!
- Youth activities at "Half-ling Hall" (Youth Pavilion) & a new "Piglet Pavilion" for parents & wee ones (rolling, crawling, barely walking)!
- Southern Crusades Dance & Drum Competition!
- Archery range open 9 AM Friday, Saturday, Sunday, with scenarios and tourneys Friday & Saturday afternoon!
- Rapier -- including Friday "Heroes Torchlight Tourney"!
Contact SCA Media Autocrat: email@example.com
Barony of Tir Ysgithr & the Barony March of Mons Tonitrus (Winkelman, Arizona)