We have hired a consultant to process our 501 c3 tax exempt status and it should be filed in the next few months. Our next step is writing the strategic business plan and recruitment of board members.
The HavenHolde Alliance is an historically based EcoVillage. We plan to be open to all members 365/24. The only commonality we have with re-encating is that we are historically themed and we are dedicated to the preservation of historical living technologies (A&S). We feel as though we are making the "Dream" a living reality that not only gives SCAdians a permenent space but benefits Mother Earth.
We have begun to contact the GEN network of Ecovillages as well as other egalitairian communities such as the FEC for assistance in developing our first community, Mt. FreyaHaven.
We have our eyes on a very large parcel of land in the West Virginia mountains. We feel that this would be an excellent site for Mt. Freyahaven as it borders the Midrealm, Atlantia and Aethelmearc.
We would be honored if anyone in the SCA is interested in a assisting with this project. We still need a few more board members that have experience in agriculture, health care, business mamagement, and fund raising. Board positions are volunteer at this time with the potential to become full time permanent paid positions. Anyone who is interested please contact me.
Below is our mission statement.
President, HavenHolde Alliance
937-836-0047 before 10 pm
The purpose of HavenHolde Alliance Incorporated is to engage in, but not be limited to, the following practices:
- Create low impact, eco-sustainable, and financially independent living environments.
- Research, recreate, implement and preserve historical, eco-sustainable living methods and technologies.
- Research, develop, and test modern eco-living technologies with the intent of combing the best of modern and historical eco-sustainable methods.
- Restoration of commercial and agricultural lands to a pre-commercial, organic state. HavenHolde Alliance Incorporated's primary purpose here is the preservation, conservation and nurturing of environmental features, especially as it pertains to endangered and threatened animals, plants or habitats. Including, but not limited to, endangered livestock and agricultural plant species.
- Develop, preserve, rediscover and instruct others within the community of historically important crafts and living arts; such as, but not limited to, glassblowing, bread baking, blacksmithing, weaving, etc.
- To present and distribute our acquired knowledge, in professional formats, and distribute it freely to the global public in order to promote global eco-awareness and cost effective, sustainable and enjoyable lifestyles.
There is a followup story at http://scatoday.net/story.php?search_id=N-20030327-133900-0000