Position Available: Society Webminister
The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) is seeking candidates for the position of Society Webminister. This position reports to the Society Chronicler, who reports to the SCA Board of Directors. The Society Webminister is a supervisory position, and is not involved in maintenance of the Corporate website (www.sca.org). The Society Webminister is responsible for the following duties:
- Along with the Society Chronicler, continuing development and revision of the Electronic Publications Policy section of the Society Chronicler’s Policies. The Society Webminister should have a close working relationship with the Society Chronicler to ensure all publications policies are harmonized.
- Warranting of all Kingdom-level Webministers
- Supervision of all kingdom-level websites, including proper use of domain names, monitoring content, regular reporting from Kingdom Webministers, and enforcement of the Electronic Publication Policy.
- Working with Kingdom Webministers to ensure they develop and enforce clear guidelines for local SCA group websites based on the standards found in the Electronic Publications policy.
- Acting as a subject matter expert and resource regarding issues related to electronic publications and websites at the kingdom and local levels, including, but not limited to: copyright issues, privacy issues, and technology-related issues.
- Quarterly reporting to the Society Chronicler
Required for this position are: dependable email access; dependable phone access; moderate to expert proficiency in web-related technologies (e.g. HTML, Java, PSP, ASP, web hosting issues, etc.); moderate Microsoft Word proficiency; and the ability to clearly communicate via email, phone, and in written reports. Prior experience as a webminister in the SCA is required; prior kingdom webminister experience is highly desired.
Those interested in the Position of Society Webminister should submit their SCA and modern era resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org with hard copy to the corporate office by June 30, 2006.
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
You may also email email@example.com
This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.