Her Excellency writes:
The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) is extending its search for candidates for the position of Society Exchequer. This position reports to the SCA Corporate Treasurer, who reports to the SCA Board of Directors. The Society Exchequer is responsible for delivering, and meeting deadlines for, the following:
- Compile the Society Domesday report, grouped by state, kingdom, with Kingdom Chronicler; accounts, with depreciation break out, and submit to the Corporate Accountant
- Maintain the Kingdom Domesday report template spreadsheets and distribute them each year to the Kingdom Exchequers
- Track Corporate NMS reporting by payment and event including attendance (may be delegated)
- Track and review quarterly reports on Kingdom accounts
- Track and review quarterly reports on Kingdom Chronicler accounts (may be delegated)
- Review Kingdom Financial Policies and submit to the Society Treasurer and the Board for approval
- Review Inter-kingdom Event Financial Policies and submit to the Society Treasurer for approval by the Board
- Report quarterly to the Society Treasurer and the Board of Directors, and report the meeting results to the Kingdom Exchequers
- Travel as required to support Kingdom Exchequers, including for training, book reviews, and theft investigations
- Conduct training of Kingdom Exchequers and assist with training of local exchequers
- Conduct reviews of Kingdom books at least once every two years or when a Kingdom office changes hands
- Maintain the Kingdom Exchequer email list
- Maintain the general exchequer email list
- Notify Kingdom Exchequers of any changes in policy or procedure, including consulting with them to develop any necessary new policies
- Maintain the various exchequer handbooks/manuals and republish them at least every three years
- Maintain the various exchequer reporting forms and update them as needed
- Serve as subject matter expert for questions from the kingdom exchequers as well as the general populace
- Warrant Kingdom Exchequers and special deputies
- Communicate with banks where necessary.
The Society Exchequer must deal with international financial reporting issues since the SCA is a multinational corporation. The Society Exchequer receives a stipend for their services.
Required for this position are: dependable email access; dependable phone access; moderate to expert Microsoft Excel proficiency; moderate Microsoft Word proficiency; and the ability to clearly communicate via email, phone, and in written reports. Prior experience as an exchequer in the SCA is required; prior kingdom exchequer experience is highly desired. A working knowledge of the SCA's accounting procedures is necessary. Individuals with accounting backgrounds are highly desired. Those interested in the position of Society Exchequer should submit their SCA and modern era resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by June 1, 2006, with hard copy sent to Corporate Office at the address below.
Linda S. Moore - President, SCA Inc.
(Viscountess Gwyneth Felton, OP)
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org
This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.