Journey to Culcairn in the border country around Albury/Wodonga to enjoy the Celtic, Saxon and Viking elements of Britain prior to 1066 CE.
DATE: Friday, 12th to Sunday, 14th May 2006
Culcairn Sportsground, 50 kms north of Albury and 28 kms west of Holbrook. It is easily accessible from the Hume Highway between Sydney and Melbourne, and there is also a daily rail service. Air services are available to Albury, and transport can be arranged from the airport to the venue if notice is given.
Camping is available on site, with the ability to divide the area up into encampments if those attending which to camp in this manner. On site camping is available for a charge of $5 per person per night.
In addition there is a modern motel (Culcairn Motor Inn) in town and a charming two-story hotel (Culcairn Hotel) about 1 km from the venue. Both have accommodation available at reasonable rates.
Should it be required, there is additional accommodation available at Henty (16 kms north) and Holbrook (25 kms east).
- There are ample showers and toilets.
- The grounds are large, and the fighting will take place on the oval or on other parts of the ground including a 'woods' area.
- If the weather is inclement, then there is a large undercover pavilion with open sides where the tournament could take place and hold both fighters and spectators safe from the worst of the weather.
- A range of services are available in Culcairn including a Doctor and a Hospital, Police, Supermarket, bakery, newsagent, cafes and gift shop.
CONTACT EVENT STEWARD:
Banmaighister Cairistiona inghean Raghnaill
You will need to bring:
- sunscreen, hat etc...
- personal insect repellant
- tents and other camping equipment
- all the usual: chair, feasting gear, towels etc...