The rebirth of Golden Seamstress, Cloth of Gold is an all-night, 18-hour competition where teams of 2-8 members have 18 hours to make a complete outfit, from underclothes to outerwear and accessories. Enter your team in your period of choice, and build your dream Byzantine, Saxon, Viking, Burgundian, Houppelande, Cotehardie, Renaissance Italian, Tudor, Elizabethan, Middle Eastern, Japanese or what have you. Then, model your creation in the Fashion Show and win prizes!
*** SPECIAL NOTE: Laurels of all stripes are encouraged to compete! ***
DATE: Friday, March 17 - Saturday, March 18, 2006
TIME: Opens Friday at 7 pm, closes Saturday at 5 pm
LOCATION: Lake Vista Clubhouse, 450 Emerald Avenue in Oshawa.
Site is accessible.
SITE FEES: $20 for overnight competitors (includes all food), $5 for day attendees. Non-member surcharge of $4 will be in effect.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- Troll opens for teams, judges and event staff at 7 PM Friday
- Competition runs from 9 PM Friday to 3 PM Saturday
- Troll will open again at 11 AM on Saturday for anyone interested in watching the competition, participating in classes, or attending the Fashion Show. A Lunch Counter will be open.
- Fashion Show will begin at 3:30 PM. Judges will tally scores immediately.
- Possible Court at 4:30 PM (Of course, this is entirely up to TRMs, TRHs and/or TEs of Septentria)
- Site Closes at 6 PM.
Visit the event website for details and rules:
TEAM REGISTRATION: Contact our Reservations Steward, Bantiarna Medb ingen Dungaile, at email@example.com to reserve your team of 2-8 gentles.
JUDGES: if you would like to judge, please contact the undersigned! We are looking for 6 judges in total.
Looking forward to the grand battle,
THL Asa Gormsdottir
Cloth of Gold Event Steward