15th Century Church Restored, Reopened

The historic Church House at South Tawton was packed to bursting point on Nov. 30, 2005, as visitors came to marvel at the extensive restoration work on the 500-year-old building.

The Church House was built around 1490 as a place where villagers could meet to enjoy church ales, have wedding and funeral parties and hold feasts.