Martial Activities: Heavy, Youth Combat, Target Archery confirmed. Rapier and Thrown weapons pending available marshals.
Each marshal form will have a prize for the victor(s) of the day.
Marshal in Charge is Baron Achbar ibn Ali.
Arts & Sciences Competitions:
- Open category, best use of the Polar Bear, sponsored by the Shire. Period documentation is preferred, and will get you brownie points!
- Brewing competition: Meads, Beers and Cordials. This will be judged by popular vote by tasters. No Vinegars please. Sponsored by the Autocrat.
- Best rendition of a field medical kit from a period perspective. This is sponsored by the Plinean Academie of Atlantia, the Kingdoms very own Herbal Guild. The kit should consist of at least 3 specific herbs(in their usable mediums), tools and bandages. Documentation as to the herbs uses is recommended and encouraged. If you would prefer to stay with your display and give an oral presentation, that will be acceptable documentation for the purposes of the event.
- There will be a fiber arts contest, sponsored by Mistress Susanna von Schweissguth. Detail of this competition will be posted later.
- Open Bardic competition, details to follow.
Watch for further updates on these and other A&S competitions! All winners will recieve a nifty prize!
Adult, Member: $13.00 Day-Trip / $18.00 Camping
Adult, Non-Member: $16.00 Day-Trip / $21.00Camping
Child (6-17): $13.00 Day-Trip / $18.00 Camping
Child (0-5): Guests of the Shire
Feast Cost is $6
Cost Notes: Feast includes Tavern Friday night, Breakfast Saturday, Lunch Saturday, and a wonderful feast, as well as a light Breakfast Sunday. Children 5 and under are guests of the Shire for the event, but must pay for feast if taking up a seat in the hall.
Camp Sky Ranch, Blowing Rock North Carolina. Address is 636 Sky Ranch Road, Blowing Rock NC for those wishing to use MapQuest or GPS.
Site Restrictions: Site is WET. Period containers only. Please be responsible. Period tenting only. Cabins are available on site, and are same price as tenting. No ground fires, except at communal pit. Please don't start your own. Absolutely NO PETS (the resident dog doesn't like company, sorry)
Feast Information: Feast will be prepared by Senora Graciela Esperanza de Sevilla, apprentice of Master Robear, and Ship's Cook of the Lionslayer. Menu to come! Address dietary concerns to: MysticSableWolf@hotmail.com
Merchanting Information: Merchants are welcome, and are free!. Bring own tables and chairs. Sunshades are highly recommended as indoor/covered space may not be available. Please contact Autocrat if planning to merchant!
Other Information: ALL activities, contests, etc. INCLUDING volunteering for work shifts will earn the country of your choice points to win the day! Come prepared to fight for your country!
There will be a Children's Corner offered after lunch by Lady Rhiannon of Crannog Mor.
Parking is limited, be prepared to walk a bit. Carpool if at all possible!
There are full bath house facilities, with hot water.
Cabins are somewhat primitive, with bunks. Consider bringing heaters and warm cover. Heaters must not have open flames (kerosene, etc.). Electric and Catalytic are recommended.
Watch the Merry Rose for updates!
Autocrats Information: Lord Pr. Gavius Falconius Brittanicus (Gregory Miller), firstname.lastname@example.org
Resevations: Lady Allegranza Marcovaldi (Cathy Gates) email@example.com
Directions: From the North and East, find your best way to HWY 421, to Boone NC. Hwy 421 will merge with 221 at Deep Gap. Follow 421/221 to Boone. Hwy 221 will turn LEFT at the 5th light after it merges with 421, this is inside Boone. After turning LEFT on 221 proceed .8mi to 2nd stop light (Wendys on opposite corner). Turn LEFT on 221/321 South. GET IN RIGHT LANE! Travel a short 1/10th mile, and turn RIGHT on Winkler's Creek Road (between the Bojangle's and The Tire Center. Travel .4mi, Winklers Creek will turn RIGHT, this will be 2nd Right after stop light at Boone Mall's rear entrance. Camp Sky Ranch is 3.0mi from this final turn, on your left. The road into the site is a sharp cutback to the left, and has stone walls at the entranceway. Watch for SCA signs!
From the South, you may want to come up 321 North to Blowing Rock. Follow 321 into Boone, watch for the Boone Mall entrance at the 5th stop light. Winklers Creek Road is on the LEFT shortly after this light. Follow above directions from there.