Greetings to the Gentles of the Known World,
Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for June, detailing what is new in the Florilegium this month.
If you are on multiple kingdom lists, and don't see this message on one of them, please let me know. This message is supposed to get posted on all kingdom lists by myself or one of my representatives. But sometimes email addresses change or folks drop out of the SCA for awhile without telling me.
I'm not sure if I will make it to Pennsic this year as I'm still looking for a job in the Austin area after getting laid off in December as a circuit board designer. My resume can be found at: http://www.florilegium.org/msharris. If anyone has any referrals or suggestions, I would appreciate hearing them.
A Blending of the Past and Present
Over the past sixteen years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make this information available to others, I have placed this information in a series of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.
I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for more details.
I am also interested in volunteers who might be interested in helping me maintain the Florilegium. Everything from collecting materials, editing and web work is needed. Again, please contact me for more details.
For those who would like to help support the Florilegium project in another way, I have added a PayPal donation button on the top page of the site. Any donations, while not tax deductible, do help pay the overhead costs of keeping the site running.
THLord Stefan li Rous
Here are the new files for this month:
In the CRAFTS section:
- HaS-Repousse-art - "Hammer and Stake Repousse'" by Master Tamlene ap Guidgen, O.L.
- Gypsies-lnks - Links to information on medieval Gypsies by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon
- newcomers-lnks - Links for newcomers to the SCA by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.
- Arthur-F-and-F-art - "Arthur - Fact and Fiction" by Baron Hrolf Herjolfssen.
- mdvl-textiles-bib - "Annotated Bibliography about Medieval Textiles" By THL Cassandra of Glastonbury.
- Txtle-Rsearch-art "The Art of Research" by THL Cassandra of Glastonbury. Aimed at textile research.
Here are just a some of the updated files, usually those with the largest amounts of new material:
- casting-msg - Casting pewter and other metals.
- disabilities-msg - Disabilities in the SCA and period, hiding wheelchairs, SCA sign language.
- England-msg - Medieval points of interest in England.
- eyeglasses-msg - Period eyewear. Making replicas.
- fish-msg - Medieval fish dishes. Fish in the SCA.
- goat-msg - Period goat dishes. Cooking goat. Recipes.
- meat-pies-msg - Period meat pies. Recipes.
- pirates-msg - Pirates throughout the Middle Ages.
- sausages-msg - Period sausages. Making sausage.
- Scotland-msg - Scottish culture. Who lived where. Medieval points of interest. The Orkney Islands.
- Spain-msg - Medieval Spain. Info. sources.
Copyright 2005, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if the contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the publication. Notification may be by email and reformatting is allowed.
THLord Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: http://www.florilegium.org ****