The Shire of Ravenslake (Middle Kingdom) and the Barony of Caer Anterth Mawr (Northshield) presents: It's Only a War!: Feathers & Fur.
June 10-12, 2005 (Friday, Saturday & Sunday)
"It's Only A War" isn't just an event -- it's a WAR! (But with NO War points or other such things.)
We will encourage groups who fight together to do just that; pick a side as a unit. Fight together. Train and learn to work with one another and other groups.
Our focus is to learn to work as a team, without having to worry about a point for this or a point for that. Let Pennsic handle War Points.
Site opens to the populace at 4pm Friday and closes at Noon Sunday.
The populace must be OFF site by Noon Sunday.
Site's Gate Hours:
- Friday: 4pm - Midnight.
- Saturday: 7am - Midnight
- Those arriving at other times must call the cell phone of the site's night gate keeper to get onto site. This number will be posted at the gate.
Take the Rt 120 off ramp and go West. Take Rt 120 to Darrell Rd. Turn LEFT. a stop light Take Darrell Rd. to Wagner Rd. Turn RIGHT. Take Wagner Rd. to Herbert Rd. Turn RIGHT. Take Herbert Rd. to the site, at the end of the road inside the gate.
Take I-53 north, in Schaumberg, to the end at Lake Cook Rd. West. Take Lake Cook Rd. West to the 2nd light: Rt 12. Turn LEFT. Take Rt 12, into Volo, to Rt 120. Turn LEFT. Take Rt 120 to Darrell Rd. Turn LEFT. a stop light Take Darrell Rd. to Wagner Rd. Turn RIGHT. Take Wagner Rd. to Herbert Rd. Turn RIGHT. Take Herbert Rd. to the site, at the end of the road inside the gate.
Ravenslake - Kenwrec Wulfe, firstname.lastname@example.org
CAM - Herr Abelard
Ravenslake - Alexander de Seton, email@example.com
CAM - Kevin O'Shaughnessy
Ravenslake - Mariana Del Rio, Imurphy768@aol.com
CAM - TBA
Ravenslake - Caelin of the Isles, Iamascots@aol.com
CAM - Daffyd & Genvieve
Ravenslake - Vladymyr Ordendorf, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristiana of Arden, email@example.com
Pre reg by June 1
Marie la Fauconniere, firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult site $9
under 12 years old $5
$10 per tent.
Ravenslake - Gintaras the Taura, email@example.com
Pot-Luck Dessert Revel
(Donations are expected, so it will be as good as we all make it together.) Dessert Revel Saturday Night, during the Great Bard-Off (No relation to the former king, honest!) Bardic Competition! Come show off your culinary skills and share your recipe finds! Come just open a package! Enjoy the give and take of this fine and ancient custom! Mistress Rose Marian of Edgewater, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tent camping
- Lake swimming, NO lifeguard
- Fighting, rapier and armored, archery, boffer, thrown weapons
- Bardic challenge, Calligraphy challenge
- Games.. "Tell", The Game: Every player has a secret word, but has to perform a specific and unique action -- "their tell" -- when they hear it. Guess as many as you can, and send others back for new words! (Game created by our own Dahrien Cordell.)
- Best Aztec Mongol hybrid food dish.
- Puppy Raids! Play rock, paper, sciccors to gather the largest pack.
- Court if the visiting Northshield Royals wish.