Greetings from Magistra Nicolaa de Bracton, Penthathlon Coordinator for Ice Dragon 2005.
I would like to recognize the category winners, special prize winners, and overall Pent winner for this year's competition.
Each major category with at least three entrants resulted in a category winner. Their average score (out of 60) is in parentheses. Those were:
- George Anne, for Rurik's Ducal Scroll, (53.0)
- Hrefna in heppna Iorgrimsdottir, for A String of Beads from Birka, (53.3)
- Studio Arts:
- Hrefna in heppna Iorgrimsdottir, for Millrind Award Scroll (54.0)
- Literary Arts:
- Medb ingen Dungaile, for "The Making of a Roman Dessert: Aliter Dulcia (Another Kind of Dessert)"(48.3)
- Lavena Knappe, for Champleve on Copper Laurel Medallion (47.0)
- Carving and Material Manipulation:
- Aengus MacBain, for Bookbinding - Vigil Book (55.5)
- Lavena Knappe, for Glass Beads with Eye Motifs, (52.7)
- Lavena Knappe, for Leather Bottle (55.3)
- Rowan de la Garnison, for A Condiment (Pickles), (42.8)
- Debatable Brewer's Guild, for Plain Oak Mead (52.7)
- Baroness' Choice:
- Muirghein Gealdhain, "Lyev" Illumination
- Baron's Choice:
- Rota Egilsdottir, Scroll based on page from Office of the Dead
- Kingdom A&S Minister's choice:
- Muirghein Gealdhain, War Arrows
- Barhus Prize (best documentation, presented by Patrikia Maria and Sir Mord):
- Tie: Valgardr Gunnarson (whose Tabletwoven Trim also had the highest overall score, at 57.3) and Lavena Knappe.
There were three entrants: Caleb Reynolds, Lavena Knappe, and Hrefna in heppna Iorgrimsdottir. The winner, with a cumulative score of 247.3, was Lavena Knappe.
Congratulations to all! And a reminder to all winners: Did you pick up your prize? If not, contact the autocrat!
Magistra Nicolaa de Bracton