Lady Kirsten writes:
Greetings and Salutations!
We need your help to make this war fun for everyone.
Volunteer and help win the war!!! Volunteering is a big part of what makes Gulf Wars happen. In fact, without volunteers, the war couldn't happen. Many people spend the entire war volunteering and it's a great way to meet new people and learn new things!
Waterbearing is just one very important way to volunteer! Our goal is to provide a staffed waterbearing station for the following activities:
- Heavy Weapons "Fort, Hastings Field, Ravine"
- Rapier "Fort, Hastings Field, Ravine"
- Target Archery
- Live Weapons
- Youth Combat
- Other locations as needed
We plan on having each waterbearing station open 1 hour before the activities start and will remain open and staffed for the duration of the activities. Please look for the following banner as a guide to a waterbearing station near you: 1 ft. white silk with a blue waterdrop
In order to reach this goal we will need YOUR help. Please volunteer at the main waterbearing station, located at the Fort. Volunteer lots! It's great for you and for your Kingdom!
A few things to remember:
- You must be 18 years of age to waterbear on a fighting field. Please note that we can ALWAYS use the help, even if your are under 18!!
- If you are 13-17, your parent or legal guardian must sign you up to waterbear.
- If you are 12 or under, your parent or legal guardian must sign you up AND waterbear with you!!
- You must have a signed membership card or be willing to sign a waiver.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!!
As always, please feel free to contact the Waterbearer in Charge with > questions, concerns or for volunteering at firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up for our Gulf Wars E-List at Gulfwarswaterbearers@yahoogroups.com.
If you find that you can't be there to volunteer, don't forget we have dropped the gauntlet for the Waterbearer's Challenge! The idea is to have households bring empty 2 liter bottle and pop-tops for the bottles. Bonus points are given for bringing special category items. This is all detailed on the Waterbearer's page on the GW website.
The winning house gets recognized at Great Court on Saturday night.
We hope to see you there!
YIS to the Crown and the Dream,
Lady Kirsten Garricksdotter
WBiC Gulf Wars