Yehudah of Nuremberg and Gunnar von Jomsborg write:
PARA BELLUM! PARA VOLUNTEERUM!
Estrella War XXI is only six months away! As always, this event for 6,000 plus participants requires a staff of volunteers to provide facilities, organization and relatively safe environs.
I'm recruiting volunteers for various roles for security. I need staff for roving patrols, traffic control, security point and communications. We need people to cover these positions 24 hr a-day from Monday, Feb 14th through Monday morning the 21st.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE! ANYONE WHO WILL BE DRIVING A CART FOR ANY PURPOSE:
This a requirement of the SCA's insurance carrier and is NOT negotiable.
- MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD
- MUST SHOW A CURRENT VALID DRIVERS LICENSE
- MUST SHOW PROOF OF AUTO INSURANCE AT THE WAR!
For those willing to work for security Wednesday and Thursday, you and your immediate family, would be permitted on site Tuesday before the war opens to set up your personal tents and equipment only. Setting up full camps, without specific permission from the autocrats, is prohibited prior to the war opens Wednesday morning.
We had an excellent early arrival crew last year, and I hope many of you will join us again. But we need more volunteers!
For this privilege, we need your promise to volunteer a minimum of two 4-hour blocks for security. Shifts will be assigned starting on midnight Tuesday.
To be approved for early arrival you MUST:
We have only a certain number of positions for early arrival crew so please contact us as soon as you can!
- Submit your request via e-mail to Baron Gunnar von Jomsborg, War Security Chief. Please include your SCA name, modern name and contact information. (His e-mail address is below)
- After you are approved for early-arrival by security; you MUST PRE-REGISTER for the war by NOVEMBER 30th. This includes any members of your family traveling with you.
Please write with any questions or comments.
Yehudah of Nuremberg,
High Sheriff of Atenveldt
Gunnar von Jomsborg,