First, a big change in the format for the Tournaments. This year both heavy and rapier tournaments will be Ladies Choice, conducted thusly:
- Each fighter must bring at least one new, non-gift-wrapped toy to be donated to the Toys for Tots program. If entering both heavy and rapier, a minimum of one toy is required for each tournament.
- Each lady who wishes to participate, by choosing a champion, must also donate a toy for each tournament they are participating in.
- After armor inspection for each tournament, the participating ladies will gather at the edge of the field.
- Each fighter will then present him/herself, in reverse Order of Precedence, to the assembled ladies, explaining why he/she should be the lady’s champion. The more elaborate, eloquent, and creative the reasons, the better. Citing the large number of toys donated as an example of one’s largesse is highly encouraged.
- After all fighters have presented themselves, the ladies will, in reverse Order of Precedence, choose their champions. Presenting the chosen fighter with a token is wholly appropriate and encouraged, but not required. Watching one’s champion fight is expected.
- The tournaments shall be round robin. In case of a tie, the tiebreaker shall be determined by the last lady to choose her champion.
- After the completion of the combat, the participating ladies will be asked to choose the Most Chivalrous fighter. In the case of a tie, the tiebreaker shall be decided by the first lady to choose her champion. Tournament Champion and Most Chivalrous will be announced at the end of the tournament, and the prizes will be presented at feast/in court.
Our site this year will be the Family Living Center at Montana ExpoPark, very close to affordable motels and “casual dining