Royal chapel found near Edinburgh

A team of archaeologists and volunteers have found evidence of a 16th century chapel, believed built by Sir Simon Preston in 1518 "to rest the souls of James III and IV. "

Excavations on land at Bridgend Farm near Edinburgh, Scotland, unearthed medieval floor tiles indicating a high status building rather than a farm property. Also of interest was a medieval well pre-dating the chapel. The trenches have now been refilled.