Life must be getting glum in merry old England when English Heritage advertises for a court jester. A want ad appeared in the Times with the following qualifications: "Must be mirthful and prepared to work summer weekends in 2005. Must have own outfit (with bells). Bladder on stick provided if required." Auditions will take place August 7, 2004 at Stoneleigh Park in Warwickshire.
Here are some additional related links, courtesy of SCAtoday.net staff reporter Karen Larsdatter:
- England Brings Back the Court Jester, AFP/TLC News
- You must be jesting ..., SkyNews
- Jester job requires mirth, icCoventry
- Making a royal fool out of yourself can finally pay, Chicago Sun-Times
- British agency serious about finding a jester, The Globe and Mail