THLord Stefan li Rous has released updates to Stefan's Florilegium for August 2013.
Greetings to the Gentlefolk of the SCA,
Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for August detailing what is new in the Florilegium this month.
I am always looking for good articles for the Florilegium. If you have researched something in our period or you practice a little known art or craft, writing an article is an excellent way to introduce others to the work you've done. I'm especially interested in academic papers written for A&S contests because, unfortunately, few have time at such an event to read them. Even the judges. Getting them published in the Florilegium lets your hard word benefit the entire Known World. Word format is the easiest for me to handle, but others are possible.
If you see an article in a kingdom, guild or local newsletter that you think others might find useful or interesting, please consider sending me a note about it. I would appreciate the author's contact info of you have it. I will not add an article to the Florilegium without the author's permission, but many authors are too inhibited to send me their own work.
For those who would like to have a more immediate update when any files are updated, there is an RSS feed available on the site. If you are using the RSS feed, please let me know so I can know whether it is worth continuing to spend effort on it or not.
I welcome invitations from any SCA person to connect on LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris) or Facebook.
A Blending of the Past and Present
Over the past twenty-four years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make this information available to others, I have placed this information in a collection of files called Stefan's Florilegium.
I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. A&S documentation and class handouts will also often work well. I am especially interested in research papers submitted as A&S entries.
For those who would like to have a more immediate update when files are updated, there is an RSS feed available on the site.
Advertisements on the site pay for its upkeep. If you enjoy the Florilegium, please click on an ad or two whenever you are there.
THLord Stefan li Rous Ansteorra stefan at florilegium.org
Here are the new files for this month:
In the BEVERAGES section:
- Sekanjabin-art "Sekanjabin & Oxymel: The Basics" by Lady Murienne l'aloiere. http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/Sekanjabin-art.html
In the COMBAT section:
- On-Warfightng-art "On Warfighting" by Master Donal Mac Ruiseart. http://www.florilegium.org/files/COMBAT/On-Warfightng-art.html
In the FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS:
- Portugues-15C-art "Livro de Cozinha" by Mistress Faerisa Gwynarden. http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS/Portugues-15C-art.html
In the NEWCOMERS section:
- Evnt-Etiquete-art "Event Etiquette" by Master Donal Mac Ruiseart. http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/Evnt-Etiquette-art.html
In the TEXTILE-ARTS section:
- Silk-Reeling-art "Introduction to Reeling Silk" by Lady Nikolena Martinovna Popriadukhina. http://www.florilegium.org/files/TEXTILES/Silk-Reeling-art.html
In the HERALDRY section:
- Road-Heraldry-art "Advanced Road Heraldry for Beginners" by Lord Ivo Blackhawk. An outline for a class on announcement heraldry at SCA events. http://www.florilegium.org/files/HERALDRY/Road-Heraldry-art.html
Here are the updated files for this month.
- magic-moments-msg "Magic moments" experienced in the SCA.
- pasta-msg Period pasta. Period references. Recipes.
- sausages-msg Period sausages. Making sausage.
- SPD-msg Silly Parrying Devices for SCA rapier combat
- steaks-msg Period grilled steaks. Descriptions.
Copyright 2013, Mark S. Harris. Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if the file descriptions are left unchanged. Removing any of the updated files listed in order to fit the article into limited publication space is allowed. The article introduction may also be edited, provided the web address and contact info are retained.
THLord Stefan li Rous Barony of Bryn Gwlad Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris Austin, Texas StefanliRous@austin.rr.com
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: http://www.florilegium.org ****