The Society for Creative Anachronism Inc. is accepting applications for the position of Society Chatelain.
The Society Chatelain is the officer responsible for training, advising and coordinating public outreach, newcomer acquisition, acclimation and retention for the SCA. This officer is currently a deputy to the Society Seneschal, but plans are underway to create it as a Great Office. Duties include:
- Coordinating and monitoring the efforts of kingdom chatelains/hospitallers
- Developing and maintaining materials for recruitment, newcomer orientation and retention, and local officer training.
- Maintaining a knowledge base for SCA demos, as well as monitoring compliance with the SCA demo policy/guidelines document.
- Work closely with other Society level officers to create, implement, and monitor Society-wide marketing efforts aimed at new member acquisition and member retention.
- Performing other duties assigned by the Board or Society Seneschal as directed.
Successful candidates for this position must have demonstrated leadership skills, problem solving expertise and experience with project management. A basic understanding of membership marketing principles and chapter development is strongly suggested.
Applicants should be able to travel to other Kingdoms as necessary, and have easy access to phone, mail, and reliable e-mail. An applicant must be a paid member of the Society, and must be able to meet quarterly reporting deadlines in a timely manner.
This position presents the opportunity to help preserve the rich traditions of the Society, and assure its future by assisting in recruiting and retaining newcomers. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to help introduce people to this game and will have long term, positive impact on thousands of participants across the world.
As the SCA is the largest historic recreation organization in the world, with a membership of over 30,000 across the globe, the successful candidate will be assuming a role which not only offers the opportunity to grow the SCA, but to obtain significant professional experience, despite it being an unpaid position.
Résumés, including SCA offices held and awards received, must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Résumés must be received by May 30, 2013. The incoming Chatelain will begin working with the outgoing Chatelain in September 2013, in preparation for taking over the position in January 2014.
Questions regarding the position may be directed to Liz Georges (Luce Antony Venus), Society Chatelaine, via telephone at 703-395-9487, or via e-mail at email@example.com.