Forward Into The Past is a one-day symposium that arranges speakers on a broad range of historical topics including the arts and crafts practiced by various cultures, history of particular regions, cultures, or times, and where feasible allows this learning to be conducted in a hands-on environment.
An open-format day, Forward Into The Past is designed to allow academics, experimental archaeologists, members of the public, and members of various historical re-enactment and recreation groups to gather and explore history.
FITP is sponsored by the Medieval Students Society, and the Archaeology Society.
FITP XXIII: April 6, 2013 Bricker Academic Building, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON
What's New as of Feb 14th, 2013?
- Sheila Johnson will be giving this year's keynote lecture!
- This year there will be a room with activities for children. Please note that if your child is in this room you must be on site, and a copy of your schedule must be in the room.
- Many of this year's sessions are now listed. New sessions are being added daily. Please note that the schedule is still subject to change.
- Call for Speakers is now open. Please reach out to us if you would like to present.
- We are looking for Vendors and museums or groups who would like an information display.
Come - History Awaits ...