Gulf Coast Renaissance Faire, 3603 Mobile Highway, Pensacola, Florida 32505 . Mobile phone (850) 572-1407- office (850) 429-8462-Fax (850) 470-0012 GCRENFAIRE @ AOL.COM
Faire is on March 2-3, 2013, 10a-5p, at the Pensacola Fairgrounds, 6655 Mobile Hwy, Pensacola, FL 32526.
1. SCA FIGHT DEMOS- Heavy and Rapier, 2 demos scheduled per day, one to two hours allotted per day for this purpose. Demos take place on Joust grounds. Local SCA Marshalls are in charge of organization and coordination of this.
2. SCA PERIOD DISPLAYS/CAMPING: SCA is encouraged to bring out your medieval tents and camp for the nights of the faire. Mundane tents are allowed but will have to be hidden during faire hours. Tents will be placed same area as last year. Respect for the fairgrounds is a must and "coming and going" in vehicles during the nights should be kept to a minimum. Please keep up with your own trash and keep the area alloted clean. NO GROUND FIRES!!
3. GAMES-SCA members are encouraged to vend games activities for the patrons during the event. You can charge the public to play the games. There is no charge for space for this purpose as long as vendor is an SCA member, a portion of the profits for the game goes to the SCA, the Ren period theme is honored in the design of the game, a merchant application is filled out and signed by the main representative for the game by the deadline for apps (2/16/13), liability waivers are signed by each person working the game and the game is coordinated through and final approval made by Ren Faire.
4. SCA General Admission- All SCA members with current SCA I.D.s and dressed in Ren/medieval/pirate GARB will gain FREE entry to the faire whether they are there doing demos, working games or not.
5. SET UP- Games, demos, medieval and mundane tents may be set up on 1/28 & 3/1 from 8 am to 6 pm. If needed due to the complexity of the set up or time constraints you may set up as early as Tuesday with prior notice to STEVEN MELEI.
6. SCA MERCHANTS-SCA merchants get a 50% discount off the merchant fee that is not mentioned in the merchant application. Just fill out the application and put your SCA member ID and SCA name on the application and include only ½ the normal fee when you mail it in BY THE DEADLINE OF 2/16/13.
7. SCA OTHER DEMOS- anyone who desires to coordinate other demos such as artisan, skilled crafting, dance, feast or other ideas please contact STEVEN MELEI to discuss.
8. SCA may utilize free space to promote SCA membership at the faire or other fundraising.
ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL STEVEN MELEI AT 850 572 1407. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED PARTICIPATION IN THE REN FAIRES!