Town and Gown unite for East Oxford Community Project

Oxford University and members of the community have joined forces to excavate and document a medieval nunnery at Minchery Farm Paddock near Oxford. Littlemore Priory, a nunnery established in around 1110 was closed by Cardinal Wolsey in 1525.

Excavations so far have uncovered stone walls, floors and hearths, as well as tiles and pottery dating back to Roman times. All artifacts will be analyzed with hopes of discovering "more about the diet and lifestyle of the people who have lived there over the centuries."