The Battle of Agincourt was a decisive victory for the English during the Hundred Years War. The French were sure their superior numbers and the crossbow would bring a swift victory to France. The outnumbered Englishmen with their longbows proved them wrong. C'est la vie!
The Barony of Altavia invites you to join us on October 28, 2012 at Woodley Park archery range as we celebrate the 597th anniversary of the
Battle of Agincourt. Altavia's Archery and Thrown Weapons champions (adult and youth) will be decided from the day's competitors!
Young archers and throwers of Caid are welcome. They may participate if they have passed the proper authorizations and met the following
requirements: Persons 14 through 17 years of age must have a properly executed minor's waver and medical authorization form on their person; a parent or legal guardian must sign them into the thrown weapons competition. Persons under 14 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian in attendance with them at the event. Our Youth champion categories are: Youth Archery 10 and under, Youth Archery 11and up, and Youth Thrown Weapons (all ages).
Fiber Playday: Come sit under the trees, watch the competition, play with fibers, work on unfinished projects, and maybe learn a new hobby.
Merchants: Merchants are welcome within the confines of the archery range. Please contact the Event Steward for merchant information and
* Woodley Park is at 6331 Woodley Ave., Van Nuys, CA 91406 in the Sepulveda Dam Basin Recreation Area, between Burbank and Victory.
* Children are welcome at the site but must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
* Pets are NOT allowed on site.
* THIS IS A DRY SITE. Seriously - DRY SITE. Sharp projectiles and alcohol do not mix.
* $3 for members (Proof of membership is required)
* Attendees 12 and under are guests of the Barony.
* A $5 non-member surcharge applies for all attendees over 12 years.
* Please make checks payable to SCA Inc. / Barony of Altavia.
Directions to the event:
* Take your favorite freeway to the 405 and journey to the San Fernando Valley.
* From South of the event, that's the 405 North;
* From North of the event, that's the 5 South to the 405 South.
* Exit at Burbank Blvd and turn West.
* The Sepulveda Basin is now to your right (if you cross Sepulveda Blvd, you are going the wrong way).
* At Woodley, turn right. Look for a sign that bears the legend "Japanese Gardens". Turn right towards the gardens.
* Just before entering the gardens, turn right on the access road that traverses that park picnic grounds.
* Continue along this road until you reach a traffic circle.
* The Archery range is on the left, up the hill.
* Parking is limited up near the range, but overflow parking is available alongside the range, behind the paved lot.
* Archery Marshal: THL Nikolaos Phaistos -- firstname.lastname@example.org
* Thrown Weapons Marshal: THL Cecilia Medici -- email@example.com
* Event Steward: Dame Lynnette de Sandoval del Valle de los Unicornios -- Agincourt@sca-altavia.org