Join us for a day of the Arts and Sciences as well as dancing, heavy weapons fighting and crafts.
November 24, 2012, 10 am until 11 pm
In addition to the Arts and Sciences Competition:
- Fighting - lots of it! With an A&S theme.
- Dancing - as much as we can fit in!
- Make and Take - there will be a number of 1-1.5 hour classes with quick projects. The idea is to try something you have not done before and take it home with you. All supplies provided. 6 - 8 participants only.
Classes so far are:
- Fibre prep - Lady Brigid of Vest Yorvik and Eoforwic - Learn how to prepare your fibre for spinning. Class will include all supplies. A must if you want to take the spinning class.
- Drop Spindle - Lady Brigid of Vest Yorvik and Eoforwic - Learn how to spin your prepared fibre (wool). Spinning wheels did not come to Europe until the 14th century, so this is appropriate for many time periods.
- Naalbinding - Lady Orlaith Frazier - This is Norse one-needle "knitting". Done to make socks, hats, gloves and other useful items of clothing. Learn to make your own.
- Keyhole necklines - Fr. Guillaume di San Marino - Learn to make that keyhole neckline that stays flat and is easy to put in. While full clothing will not be made, patterns will be available to take home after learning this very useful skill.
- Other - to volunteer to run a class please contact the autocrat, we're hoping to have several more classes!
Children's area - An unsupervised area with crayons and colouring pages will be available. Children must be monitored by parents.
Adults $15 plus KET and if appliable NMS
Food made by Eleanor, photo © Aislinne of Alainmor 2009, used by permission
17 years of age and under $5
6 years of age and under free
Food and Drink
Feast - limited number of spaces available. The feast theme will be Middle English.
Food related concerns - please let the feastocrat know before the feast, as these can not always be dealt with on the day of the event.
Off-site food - we are 20 minutes from Brampton if you wish to eat off-site.
Off-board seating - available at no charge but not with the paying feasters.
Lunch counter - hosted by the Canton of Monadh
Bar - soft drinks and other beverages, no alcohol available. Please do not bring your own. (Alcohol for judging purposes excluded and must be in the judging area as soon as possible upon arrival.)
Brampton Fairgrounds, 12942 Heart Lake Road, Brampton, Ontario.
Get oneself to the Highway 410 via the 401 (east or west).
Go north until you get to Mayfield Road.
Turn left onto Mayfield until you get to Heart Lake Road, about 1.5 kms.
Turn right and go north until you see the fairgrounds on your left.
Ample free parking.
Site is DRY so please do not bring any alcohol unless for judging; alcoholic A&S entries must be in the judging area as soon as possible upon arrival.
Dogs are welcome but they must be on a leash and their "pets" must pick up after them. Sorry no cats, hall rules.
Autocrat - THL Aislinne of Alainmor - exchequer AT vestyorvik.org
Feastocrat - Lady Eleanor of Huntingdon - chronicler AT vestyorvik.org
Troll - Lady Brigid of Vest Yorvik and Eoforwic - event2012 AT vestyorvik.org
Merchant Liaison - Widow Kate - merchants2012 AT vestyorvik.org