The Shire of Bryngolau is pleased to announce the Sixth Annual Mountain Pas and Highland Games!
The Dragons have been running loose again in Bryngolau, and though try as they might they could not destroy Mountain Pass - only change it.
We of the Mountain would like to host one and all at our Medieval Fair and Defender tournament.
There will be limited camping this year and the event has been extended to the entire weekend, Oct. 19th, 20th, and 21st, 2012.
Los Alamos Posse Shack
650 North Mesa Rd.
Los Alamos, NM 87544
11 and under: Free
Non-member Surcharge: $5.00
Why should you come?
- Enjoy the hospitality and whimsy of the Shire of Bryngolau!
- Heavy Fighters! Test your mettle against all comers to become the Defender of the Mountain Pas!
- Enjoy the sumptuous lunch provided by Baronesa Theresa Cabeza de Vaca.
- Stroll through the table and field games available at the Highland Games.
- See how far you can toss the legendary Bryngolau sheep!
- For the ladies, see if you can 'ring the bell' in the rolling pin toss!
- Bring a side dish to share, and stay to enjoy a semi pot-luck Feast: An exquisite meat course will provided by the Shire of Bryngolau and prepared by Baronesa Thersea.
- Enter your dessert in this years "Best Subtlety" contest!
On Site Camping by reservation only!
Due to the increase in the size of our event site (The dragons have been good for something!) We are please to be able to set aside some limited space for onsite camping!
Camping space is first come, first served, and must be preregistered.
Contact Lady Dáirine Ingen Niáll with the number in your party and the footprint size of your tent(s) to preregister.
Directions to the Posse Shack
(From NM 502 as you enter Los Alamos proper)
Get to Los Alamos by the most convenient method.
Continue heading west on NM 502 towards Los Alamos
Take a slight left onto Trinity Dr. (First SCA Sign)
After 1.7 miles Turn right onto NM-501 E/Diamond Dr. (Second SCA sign)
After 2.5 miles, At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto North Mesa Rd. (Third SCA sign)
After 0.9 miles, the site will be on the left.
The parking area is approximately 150 feet past the site on the right hand side. Please do not park in front of the site except for unloading.