The Board of Directors od the Society for Creative Anachronism is seeking applicant for the position of Exchequer of the SCA Inc – College of Arms. Applications will be accepted until October 31, 2012.
The Exchequer of the SCA Inc – College of Arms is a Deputy to the Society Exchequer and the ‘treasurer/financial officer’ for the Laurel Sovereign of Arms and College of Arms. The Exchequer of the College of Arms works on a day-to-day basis with Laurel Sovereign of Arms’ heraldic staff, roughly seven people: Laurel Sovereign of Arms, Wreath Sovereign of Arms, Pelican Sovereign of Arms, Ragged Staff Herald (filing secretary; handles submission paperwork), Archivist (aka Scanning Project), Palimpsest (Rules/Education),and Wreath Emeritus (aka Laurel IT Deputy); the most frequent being the Ragged Staff Herald and the Laurel Sovereign of Arms. He/she will hold a financial warrant and send all financial reports to the Society Exchequer.
- Propose and maintain the approved annual budget (spreadsheet format provided)
- Deposit checks from kingdoms for submission fees and notify Laurel and filing secretary of receipt via email and online (OSCAR)
- Track monthly the submission fees for Kingdom’s Letters of Intent (LoI) and balances
- Reimburse Laurel office expenses
- Create and deliver accurate cumulative quarterly finance reports to the Society Exchequer and Laurel
- Compile and submit the annual mega-file finance report to the Society Exchequer
- Chair the College of Arms Financial Committee
Candidate should have several years experience as an exchequer, preferably kingdom level. Candidate should also be passing familiar with heraldic registration process, but in-depth knowledge is not necessary.
Candidate should be able to transition to the office during the spring of 2013. The candidate would work with the current Exchequer on the 1st Quarter Report for 2013, learning the budget, ledger and reporting forms, and submissions tracking process, and coordinate bank account changes to be able to “fly on their own” as of April 30, 2013. If you are interested in filling this office, send your modern and SCA resumes to both the Society Exchequer firstname.lastname@example.org, and Laurel email@example.com, by October 31, 2012.
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.