Now that we have really stepped into the summer fighting season, we would like to take this opportunity to invite you to Delftwood's first Tournament of the Windmill. Saturday, June 30, 2012 will be an entire day completely devoted to fighting at St. Andrew's Camp on the Shores of Lake Oneida.
Inspections start at 11am and the tourney starts at noon. But you may be wondering what we will be doing... In the 16th century, German tournaments were held by the great cities. Each city held a tournament and invited the surrounding cities to field a team of warriors. So we invite you to do the same by building your five man team and taking the field.
The event will take place at Saint Andrew’s Camp, 1280 State Route 49 Cleveland, NY 13042
Here is an outline of the tournament:
- Multi-team Melee (ABCDE) Each five man team takes the field against all others. Last team standing takes the points.
- Speed Round (A) Four opponents to kill, fastest time takes the points.
- Stamina Round (B) Twelve fights in a row, highest percentage of kills takes the points.
- Three Man Melee - Shield and Support (CDE) Three man team tourney, round robin or single elim, depending on the number of entries.
- Kill the Hauptman (ABCDE) Each team identifies a hauptman (or captain). Single elim style, once he is killed, your team is out. Last team standing takes the points.
- Allied Melee (ABCDE) Teams will combine to form two forces, melee will continue until one force is defeated. Each fighter standing at the end of the melee earns a point for their team.
- Sword and Shield Round (A) Round robin of sword and shield team members.
- Great Weapon Round (B) Round robin of great weapon team members.
- Spear Round (C) Round robin of spear team members.
- Barricade Round (D) Round robin of barricade team members.
- Dagger Round (E) Round robin of dagger team members.
The team with the most points at the end of the tournament will receive a prize.
There will be a delicious dayboard of German fare, featuring meat pies and other items to keep your stamina up throughout the day.
We will also be hosting the Delftwood Heavy Weapons Championship in the morning, before the German tourney starts.
We look forward to welcoming you all to our fair Delftwood and should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.