Come join the fun at a new site! We'll have lots of heavy & rapier fighting, live weapons, children's activities, and more! Lady Genevieve will be preparing a delicious feast (limited to 56)! Merchants welcome - please contact the event stewards.
Come join the fight at a new (DISCREETLY WET) site!
Heavy Fighting Melees and Single Combat Scenarios
Friday Night Torchlight Tourney
The Black Axe Tournament
Brewing and Vinting classes
Brewing and Vintning Open Category Competition
Bonfire Bardic Circle
(Rapier activities are currently TBA)
The site offers plenty of space perfect for weekend camping. Period camping is encouraged but not required. Ground fires are welcome as long as they are tended.
Nearby Jasper and Cullman have a number of hotel options including Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn.
Also available through Hidden Cove:
Full hook-up RV Sites with water/elec/sewer: $25 per night
Tent Sites with elec/water access: $20 per night
Rental Units: $56/night or $99/2 nights
Contact Becky Fredrick, Manager
Hidden Cove Outdoor Resort
(205) 221-7042 phone
(205) 221-0142 fax
Hidden Cove Outdoor Resort is a Nature Preserve and comes with a few additional rules:
- Quiet hours begin at 11pm
- Children under the age of 18 must be under the direct supervision of a parent or sponsoring adult member during Quiet Time, or they must remain in their own campsite. Due to the size of the site we request that all children be kept within the reasonable distance of "sight and sound" throughout the day.
- Remember, campfires must be extinguished and “dead out” when leaving the campsite or campfire area.
- Guests may not cut the natural vegetation or in any way destroy the beauty of the preserve
- Guests may not cut firewood on the preserves. Dead fall may be collected from the ground at a preserve with the permission of the Preserve Staff
- Guests may not hunt on any preserve and all firearms must remain unloaded while on a preserve
- Smoking is not allowed in any of our buildings, facilities or rental units
- Clotheslines, tie downs, etc., may not be attached to any tree, bush, standpipe, or building
- Household pets such as dogs and cats are allowed on site but exotic pets are not. Pets must be kept on a leash and remain under control. People must clean up after their pets and have proof of current vaccinations. Pets are not allowed in the buildings or swimming area
Weekend w/Feast 17.00 9.00
Weekend 11.00 6.00
Day Trip w/Feast 15.00 8.00
Day Trip 9.00 5.00
Make checks payable to: SCA, Inc. / Barony of Iron Mountain. Non-members age 13 & up add $5. Family pricing applies per Kingdom Law. Per Meridian Kingdom Law, no family shall pay a site fee higher than three (3) adult member prices for admission to an event as long as the children are 15 years of age or younger and they are all members.
Site opens 5:30pm on Friday and closes 10:00am on Sunday. Event prices are for tenting; a limited number of cabins will be available to rent directly from the park for the SCA special rate of $99 weekend. Please contact Hidden Cove Resort for more details.
Site is DISCREETLY WET.
Lady Aminah al-Malek
Agnarr the Skull Cleaver
Sebastian of Iron Mountain
Lady Genevieve Alaiz dAvignon
Aranwen of Willow Ford
HIDDEN COVE OUTDOOR RESORT
687 County Road 3919
Arley, AL 35541
GPS Coordinates: N 34°03'14.64" W 87° 8'48.75"
Take I-65 to Exit #308 (Highway 278). TURN WEST (toward Double Springs), go 15 miles. TURN LEFT onto County Road 77. Go 9.5 miles, TURN HARD LEFT (across from Old Nathan's Store) onto County Road 12. Go 4 miles STAYING LEFT at all forks, to Hidden Cove entrance.