The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) is seeking candidates for the position of Society Exchequer. This position reports to the SCA Corporate Treasurer.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Compile the Society and its subsidiaries Domesday reports, grouped by state and kingdom, with depreciation breakout, and submission of these reports to the Corporate Treasurer and the SCA Tax Accountant;
- Maintain the Kingdom domesday report template spreadsheets and distribute them each year to the Kingdom Exchequers;
- Track NMS fees;
- Review quarterly reports on kingdom-level accounts;
- Review kingdom and inter-kingdom financial policies to make sure they are in compliance with the Society Financial Policy and to submit revised financial policies to the Board of Directors for approval;
- Review Inter-kingdom Event Financial Policies and submit to the Corporate Treasurer and the Board for approval;
- Report quarterly to the Corporate Treasurer and the Board of Directors and report the meeting results to the Kingdom Exchequers;
- Travel as required to support Kingdom Exchequers, including for training, book reviews, and theft investigations;
- Conduct supplemental training of Kingdom Exchequers and assist training of local exchequers;
- Conduct reviews of Kingdom books and ensure Kingdoms are reporting;
- Maintain the Kingdom Exchequer email list;
- Maintain the SCA-Exchequer email list;
- Notify Kingdom Exchequers of any changes in policy or procedure, including consulting with them to develop any necessary new policies;
- Maintain the various exchequer handbooks/manuals and republish them at least every three years;
- Maintain the various exchequer reporting forms and update them as needed;
- Serve as subject matter expert for questions from the Kingdom Exchequers as well as the general populace;
- Warrant Kingdom Exchequers and special deputies; and
- Communicate with banks where necessary.
The Society Exchequer receives a stipend for their services and will receive a 1099 for tax purposes. Work load will vary but expect to put in an average of 15 hours per week.
Required for this position are: dependable email access; dependable phone access; moderate Microsoft Excel proficiency; moderate Microsoft Word proficiency; and the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing, i.e. in person and via email, phone, and in written reports. Prior experience as an exchequer in the SCA is required; prior Kingdom Exchequer experience is highly desired. Working knowledge of SCA’s accounting procedures is necessary. Individuals with accounting backgrounds or training are highly desired.
Those interested in the position of Society Exchequer should submit their SCA and modern era resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by July 1, 2012, with a hard copy sent to the Corporate Office in Milpitas.
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.