Algoma 1812 is looking for re-enactors, artisans, entertainers, historical displays, musicians, merchants, etc., to join them from July 17th to July 22nd, 2012 to help launch Algoma 1812’s kick off for the War of 1812 Bicentennial, at Fort St. Joseph & Ermatinger Clergue National Historic Sites, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada.
Activities will begin at Fort St. Joseph Historic Site on St. Joseph Island commemorating the coming together of nations in capturing the American stronghold of Fort Mackinaw.
Activities and events will then continue at Ermatinger Clergue National Historic Site in partnership with the Rotary Club of Sault Ste Marie who will be hosting a Heritage Block in conjunction with for their summer festival. The City of Sault Ste. Marie will also be celebrating its 100th year being incorporated.
Algoma 1812 is looking for participants to be part of this historic event and are specifically looking for the following:
- British & American Military Units, Individuals & Encampments
- Fife and Drum Groups
- Period Musicians, Performers and Singers
- Period Demonstrators, Artisans, Entertainers
- Period Merchants & Blanket Traders
- Native, Voyageur, Militia Units, Individuals & Encampments
- Artillery Crews and Cannons/Artillery Encampments
- Long Boat Crews and Boats with Cannons/Naval Encampments
- Voyageur Canoes & Crew
- Military Tattoos
If you have a special unique 19th century talent not listed above we would also like to hear from you!!!
All participants will be compensated in one form or another for attending and providing wholesome education and public orientated programming.
If you are interested in attending this great bicentennial event please submit a proposal for all the days or the days you would be able to attend with the following information from you or your unit/group:
1. Name, Address, Postal Code, Phone Number and E-mail address
2. A description of what you have to offer in regards to talent, demonstrations, exhibits, entertainment, encampments etc.
3. Any promotional materials, pictures, website addresses, flyers, CD, DVD, etc. promoting yourself or your group
4. How many performances, interpretations, and presentations you would perform each day if applicable.
5. What days you would be able to attend.
6. Compensation for participating.
Please submit your proposals to David J. Brunelle at:
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail - 23 Byrnes Crescent, Penetanguishene, Ontario, Canada, L9M 1W4
Look forward to receiving everyone's proposals and for more information on Algoma 1812 visit: www.algoma1812.ca
Any questions feel free to contact me anytime!
David J. Brunelle
Co-ordinator Historical Displays/Demonstrations