We've got bells that JINGLE JANGLE JINGLE!!! YES, Good Gentles, you read right!! JINGLES IS BAAAACK!!!
'Course, it never actually left...but those are clappers under the table now!
Feast Scene, 1526
There are a host of fun things being planned including:
- A Sumptuous Feast,
- The "Silver Tongued Devil",
- Family/Kid centered games & crafts,
- Performance by the West Kingdom Choir,
- Silent Auction to benefit future events with Southern Shores,
- Viking Gift Exchange ($10-max per item),
- "Toys for Tots" donation opportunity (a NEW and unwrapped, unopened-in-the-original-box toy),
- Brick Spoon competition; subject is "Playing with Your Food" (create a food item that is edible and can also either be played with, or represents a game or a form of entertainment),
- The Infamous Table Decorating Contest; theme is "Birds of a Feather" (use either birds or feathers to help our Southern Shores Gull feel loved and all warm n'fuzzy for the Holidays).
- Playful fighter tourney with prizes and silly quests,
- Re-vamping of a few of last year's fun games and
- Some as yet to be determined revelry and/or classes.
- And last but not least, as JINGLES is now back on the menu, the Best Use of Bells competition is too!!!!! (bells on clothing, an item made out of bells, a decoration using bells, etc)...
Tickets will go on Sale at October Crown. You may also reserve your Feast ticket in advance by either emailing the Autocrat at the email above or email@example.com. You may either pay at the door or send a check to the Autocrat at her address listed below.
Autocrat: Lady Catherine Holcombe of Arden email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Site Information: St. Marks' Episcopal Church (same site as last year's) at 1957 Pruneridge Ave, Santa Clara, CA, 95050. Site opens at 9am for event organizers and at 11am for general-public set-up and/or just hanging out. Tear-down will begin at 9:45pm (MUST be out by 11pm)...many hands make light work and we'd appreciate all the help we can get! Site fees for the EVENT ONLY (including off-board feasting) are $10 per person over 12yrs, $5 per child 6-12, age 5 & under are free - max family cap $30 for the event alone. ADD Feast for an additional $10 per person over 12yrs, $5 per child 6-12, age 5 & under also free - max family cap for feast in addition to site fee is $50). $5 per non-member surcharge will be paid by the WKWC.
This is a WET site but please be discreet; many AA groups meet at this Church and we want to be considerate in all our endeavors.
The Feast will feature period offerings of meat dishes, vegetarian entrees and other delicious appetizers, side dishes and desserts. Please send any allergy concerns to the Autocrat at the email provided below BEFORE mid-November. Target start-time is 5pm and we're expecting to serve 80 seats.
South on I-880: Go towards San Jose. Take the Stevens Creek Blvd Exit, stay to the Right, Turn Right on N Winchester Blvd and Left onto Pruneridge, (the church is on the right immediately after a small shopping center at the corner)
North on I-880: Go towards San Jose. Take the I-280 N (San Francisco) exit, stay to the left towards Steven's Creek Blvd until you pass the West San Carlos ramp, then stay left to circle around (the cloverleaf) to Stevens Creek Blvd, (follow directions as above from there).
South on I-680 (which becomes North on I-280): Head towards San Jose and take the I-880 North exit to Stevens Creek/West San Carlos, take left Stevens Creek fork and circle back around to cross over I-880 again (follow directions as above from there).
South-bound I-280 /East on I-280: Go towards San Jose. Take the Winchester Blvd/Stevens Creek Blvd exit, 1st light will be Moorpark, turn left and turn left again at next light which is N. Winchester Blvd. Continue past Stevens Creek Blvd and follow directions as above from there.