THLord Stefan li Rous has posted updates to Stefan's Florilegium for October 2011.
A Blending of the Past and Present
Over the past twenty-one years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make this information available to others, I have placed this information in a collection of files called Stefan's Florilegium.
I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. A&S documentation and class handouts will also often work well. I am especially interested in research papers submitted as A&S entries.
Advertisements on the site pay for its upkeep. If you enjoy the Florilegium, please click on an ad or two whenever you are there.
THLord Stefan li Rous Ansteorra stefan at florilegium.org
Here are the new files for this month:
In the COMBAT-RAPIER section:
- Pnt-o-Measure-art "The Point of Measure - Using measure to defeat your opponent" by Lord Ian the Green.
In the ENTERTAINMENT section:
- Quintain-Gmes-art "Quintain Games" by Mistress katherine kerr.
In the FOOD-BREADS section:
- hartshorn-msg Hartshorn in period. Use as a leavening agent
In the PENNSIC section:
- Noble-Contest-art "A Noble Contest" by Conde Fernando Rodriguez de Falcon. A Pennsic tale.
Here are the updated files for this month.
- belts-msg Medieval and SCA belts and baldrics.
- Lochac-hist-msg History and description of the Kingdom of Lochac. (Australia, New Zealand)
- medieval-tech-msg Medieval and period technology. References.
- mushrooms-msg Period mushrooms. Recipes.
- organ-meats-msg Period cooking of organ meats, unusual parts.
- p-shoes-msg Medieval footwear.
- wafers-msg Period savory and sweet wafers. Recipes.
Copyright 2011, Mark S. Harris. Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if the file descriptions are left unchanged. Removing any of the updated files listed in order to fit the article into limited publication space is allowed. The article introduction may also be edited, provided the web address and contact info are retained.
THLord Stefan li Rous Barony of Bryn Gwlad Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris Austin, Texas StefanliRous@austin.rr.com