The Shire of Ravenslake and the Barony of Caer Anterth Mawr welcome all who come to share in the fun!
Border Skirmish VIII
Site opens: noon, June 24, 2011
Site closes: 2:00pm, June 26, 2011
Simmons Island Park
5500 Simmons Island Park Drive
Please Volunteer To Help
If you're interested in volunteering a bit of your time during this event, please see our volunteers wanted list at the top of the Staff page for more information and areas where you can help! See the rest of the website for further information on the event; there are links at the left of each page.
We look forward to seeing you at the event!
• Activities: Armored and rapier combat, archery, A&S classes and competitions, youth activities. Bardic circles on Friday and Saturday nights. Camping sites on a beautiful lakeshore with a free public beach (no electric or RV hookups available). Site is handicap-accessible. No pets except service animals, please.
• Ground fires or fire pits are permitted if you follow the rules on the Site Rules & Realities page.
• The Griffon & Dragon Tavern, hosted by Mistress Tatiana Marana Melville, is back once again for your gustatory delight! (That means you can get food there; the menu is "coming soon".)
• PUBLIC DEMO ON SATURDAY 10am – 5pm (a la Jubilee or Mermaids). Bring your best and most authentic kit!
• NO FEAST, but communal grills will be available for a potluck on Saturday evening.
• Site is BONE DRY DURING DEMO HOURS but discreetly damp after hours.
• FIREWOOD: We need to make it very clear on the website that firewood can NOT be brought in as the Parks Dept is very strict on us using only local wood (from Kenosha only). More info about available firewood is on the Site Rules & Realities page.
No matter which side you're on, everybody wins! Let's make this the best Border Skirmish ever!