The Barony of Stromgard and the village of Bjorgvin invite you to come and join our fires this Memorial Day Weekend at the 6th annual Grand Thing.
May 27-30, 2011 Columbia County Fairgrounds, St. Helens, Oregon
As in years past this family friendly event will offer something for everyone. A few highlights are listed, See the web site for best information.
- Enjoy the camaraderie of good friends at the Grand pot luck feast and join in as the law speaker presides over the Grand Thing (Natt Sang just confirmed they will sing here COOL)
- Test your mettle in the battle field by fighting in the Multi-Weapons tournament, the Memorial Great Axe Tournament, the Monastery Raid (where you keep what you escape with), and Domination Tourney.
- Enjoy thrown weapons competitions, nordic games, A bardic circle and much more. Siege cooking competition, bring your best recipe for this year theme ingredient, rat (kind of).
- Learn about Nordic Viking age and Irish arts and sciences classes.
- Many activities for teens and children: Saturday night teen dance at Bairnhalla, childrens Grand Thing luncheon in Bjorgvin, and much more.
Fantastic prizes are offered for events and contests.
Merchants are welcome with a donation of your choice to the prize chest.
Pre-registration is available on the kingdom web page and www.thegrandthing.org
Site opens at 12 PM on Friday closes 1pm Monday
Site fee At the Gate is $20 for adults, but ONLY $15 for pre-reg adults, Youth (pre-17) free all fees plus applicable NMS. Checks payable to Barony of Stromgard, SCA Inc. Day trip fee is $10. Pre-Registration is thru ACCEPS here http://acceps.ansteorra.org/index.php or print a pre-reg form at
Autocrat : Raul Ladvenue aka Steven Wallace EMail email@example.com
Columbia County Fairgrounds
58892 Saulser Rd.
St. Helens, OR 97051