Some other statistics and facts our readers may find interesting:
- The first several weeks of SCAtoday.net's existence coincided with Pennsic XXXI. That being the case, the first story (which just announced the site's existence) was also the only story, until August 13. The first real news story was actually published live from Pennsic, with the help of the kind folks at Mystic Mail (http://www.pennsic.net/mysticmail/internet.html).
- The first news story was about Sir Ix, a well-respected pioneer in youth combat activities, being made a Pelican on the youth list field by TRM Alys and Valharic. (http://scatoday.net/story.php?search_id=N-20020813-115200-0002
- So far, we have about 240 active registered users who have created personal accounts on SCAtoday.net.
- SCAtoday.net currently averages over 21,000 page views per month (about 700 per day).
- For an average story on the newswire, 93 readers click its headline or the "(more...)" link to zoom in for details.
- Of the stories that have an external link to another site, our readers follow the link about 52% of the time.
- Our average daily readership has almost tripled in the past year.
- The rate at which stories are published has increased. Originally, there were one or two new stories most days, but now there are typically three to five new stories per day.
THL Milica of Varna (our Managing News Editor) continues to be the runaway leader in story contributions. Of the 2000 stories we have published to date, Milica contributed over 1350 of them! The next runner up is Justin with 270, followed by Karen Larsdatter with just over 130 stories. There have been about 100 anonymous contributions as well.
The staff members of SCAtoday.net produce this site as a labor of love, for the enjoyment of our fellow medievalists, and we are grateful for your continued support. Thanks to all of our contributors and our readers who have helped to make this site so successful!