Almost everyone who does research in the Society has heard about and makes use of Stefan's Florilegium files.
Ever wonder how many other people make use of the Florilegium.org website? It turns out that in January 2004 the daily average number was over 18,000 with 15,000 files being downloaded. Over 550,000 hits were recorded for the month with nearly 470,000 files being downloaded.
In a message to the Atlantia Kingdom List, THL Stefan wrote:
A while back on the Rialto, Master Cariadoc had asked me just how active the Florilegium was. At that time I didn't have any info for him because I wasn't running any statistics program to do anything with the info that was being kept. It turns out my Web Host did have such a program running. It did get terminated when the Florilegium went down last February, but we do have the data display from before that time and we should get it updated in coming weeks.
Since this list seems to be one of the big users of the Florilegium, I thought I'd give a few of the highlights:
* The number of hits on the Florilegium falls during the summer months and the number of hits goes up tremendously during lunchtime hours. It looks like a lot of folks are looking at the Florilegium during lunch at work. :-)
* In January the *daily* average number of hits was over 18,000 with 15,000 files being downloaded. The monthly number of hits was almost 565,000 hits and almost 470,000 files were downloaded for a total of 9602985 *K*bytes being downloaded. 9 Gigabytes of data!
* The number of hits varies from 759 to 6014 hits *per hour*.
* And folks from 129 different countries visited the Florilegium. How many countries are there in the world? Some of these are duplicates though since US educational, US commercial and US government each get logged separately for instance.
So, not CNN numbers but not a small site, either. :-) Especially since most of it is text data and not images.
I am considering adding the stats link to the Florilegium webpage, but for those who might be interested in the full report, click on the header above.
THLord Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris
* *** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: http://www.florilegium.org ****
SCAtoday.net thanks THLord Stefan for his permission to reprint his letter and to Johnnae llyn Lewis of the Midrealm for submitting additional information.