Come join Their Majesties Jade and Catherine as they bear witness to the grand tourney to choose the next Western Heirs! Look for many events and activities in the page and also on this website as we draw closer to the event.
* What: West Kingdom March Crown
* When: March 18th, 19th, and 20th, 2011
* Where: Yolo County Fairgrounds, Address: 1250 Gum Avenue, Woodland, CA 95695
Site opens at 12pm Friday afternoon (10am for merchants) and closes at 3pm on Sunday
10:00am: Site opens to Merchants
12:00pm: Site opens to General Populace
Merchants Open for Retail Therapy
Morning: Crown Tournament Lists open
Morning: Merchants Row Opens
Morning: Opening Court
Mid-Morning: Crown Tournament Begins
Mid-Day: Her Majesty will be hosting a tea! Come socialize with Her Majesty and members of the populace while we enjoy the day!
The Arts & Sciences will be hosting an open display of projects, come show off what you have been working on, or recently finished. Documentation appreciated, but not required.
* New Cooks/Linen Spoon Cooking Competition
o Featured food/Recipe: "Onion & Leek Soup" from "The Opera of Bartolomeo" by Scappi
After the Tournament: Chivalry Meeting
Evening Entertainment: Their Majesties will be hosting a Bardic Circle in the Royal Pavilion on Saturday Evening. Please come join them for the festivities!
8:00am: Pelican Council meeting
9:00am: Laurel Council meeting
10:00am: Kingdom Rapier Championship
* Once more the Rapier fighters of The West are invited to compete in the West Kingdom Rapier championship at March Crown. The format will be a simple double elimination tournament including Invocation, so please arrive early for signups and the opportunity to display our thanks to those we fight for on this great day. Cut and thrust is welcome if both fighters wish, though of course Rapier is the default. Those fighters who by choice or cases of life are unable to serve as champion are welcome to join our list of "By" fighters.
3:00pm: Site closes
* $15 per adult members, $20 per adult non member, $10 Kids 13 - 17, with children 12 and under being free
* or the "Family" rate (for 2 adults & 2 or more children) of $45.
* Please make all checks payable to "SCA, Inc., Kingdom of the West"
* Autocrat Team: House Sigurgata
o Autocrat: Duchess Kara Baraksdottir / DuchessKara@Sigurgata.org
o Autocrat: Duke Uther Schiemann der Hunt / DukeUther@Sigurgata.org
o Royalty Liaison: Baron Joel the Brewer / Baron@thewestermark.org
o Merchant Reservations: Elsbeth Cameron / firstname.lastname@example.org and Sarra Greyhand / email@example.com