Several books in the Archaeology of York series are now available to download for free in PDF format. The books are out of print.
- The Archaeology of York 17/14: Finds from Anglo-Scandinavian York by Ailsa Mainman and Nicola Rogers
- Anglo-Scandinavian Finds; The Archaeology of York 17/15: Finds from Medieval York by Patrick Ottaway and Nicola Rogers
- The Archaeology of York 17/16: Leather and Leatherworking in Anglo-Scandinavian and Medieval York by Quita Mould, Ian Carlisle and Esther Cameron
- AY 2/2:York Bridgemasters' Accounts Translated by Philip Stell (2003)
- Making Archaeology Matter: Quarrying and Archaeology in the Trent Valley (PDF document pdf file: 4.6MB) by David Knight and Blaise Vyner
- Archaeology and Landscape in the Vale of York ( PDF documentpdf file: 6MB) by Mark Whyman and Andy Howard