Fighting in the Shade: An event for combat archers and all other fighters too...
Combat Archery is a growing part of the fighting community, and can play an important role in battles of all sizes. Combat archery is most effective when works in combination with other armored combat elements.
Fighting in the Shade is an event that provides an opportunity for combat archers and other fighters to train and fight together. Being an official War Practice, our focus will be on learning tools and skills to help combat archers and other fighters work together and make the Northshield Army more effective.
UW-Madison Stock Pavilion
(click on link for directions)
1675 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706
Important Site Information:
This site is an animal use facility run by the University of Wisconsin. We must follow their regulations for use of this facility, including the following:
* No food or drink is allowed inside the building.
* Participants must wash hands before exiting facility.
* No children under 5 allowed.
* Both SCA and UW waivers will have to be signed by all attendees. (UW waivers can be found here.)
* Animals are generally not allowed; service dogs will need to get special clearance from the UW.*
* Please contact the Porter if this is a concern for you.
Free! (Donations gladly accepted)
8:30 Site Opens
9:00 - 9:15 Greeting and Event Overview - John Bartholomew of Flanders
9:15 - 10:45 Open Class Sessions
10:45 - 11:30 Keynote Session: Tactics and strategy - Count Stephen DuBois
11:30 - 1:00 Break for Lunch *
1:00 - 2:00 Drills and Authorizations **
2:00 - 5:00 Melees
6:00 Site Closes
* All food must be consumed offsite, maps to local restaurants will be provided at Gate.
** Authorizations can be arranged in advance with the Marshal In Charge. Please note, anyone doing an auth needs to be ready in armor at 1:00 pm sharp!