Duchess Mary-Grace of Gatland reports that online registration for Gulf Wars XX has been extended until February 28, 2011.
Her Grace writes:
If you are like me, you are shocked that January is almost over!
We are sure some of you are starting to work on those all-important tax refunds! In an effort to make sure that everyone gets their Gulf Wars XX reservations in, online registrations have been extended untl February 28th.
You can find all the registraion information here: http://gulfwars.org/registration.html
We know everyone's budgets are tight in this economy and that you have to be choosy when thinking about your vacation plans. So, why should you come to Gulf Wars?? We'll here is a few reasons.....
- Come for the Combat in all it's forms! Armored, Rapier, Archery, and Siege weaponry!
- Come for the pageantry of the Equestrian activities from the grand procession of the Kingdoms, to equestrian games to mounted combat!
- Come see the beauty of hound racing and get the opportunity to see these graceful animals run like the wind!
- Come for the classes, and displays of artistic wonder both in the competitions and on our Artisans row!
- Come see our Early Period Life encampment where you can walk among long houses!
- Come see Al Mahala and become immersed in all things Middle Eastern!
- Come for the hospitality, with the hosting Kingdoms offering you food and beverage beyond your wildest dreams!
- Come for the shopping with merchant upon merchant, many of whom you don't get at other wars!
- Come for the Bakery with fresh baked goods daily and Odyssey coffee!
- Come for the Green Dragon Inn...our own 15th Century Tavern!
- Come for the Shows at our performing arts stage with bardic presentations, plays and competitions.
- Come for the Balls! With European dancing daily!
- Come in a week early THIS YEAR and you can go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans (Mardi Gras day is March 8th, 2011)
- Come for the KNOWNE WORLD PARTY! If you missed the amazing October Fest of last year, fear not...the Knowne World Party staff have another amazing party theme to knock your socks off this year!
COME JOIN US FOR FRIENDSHIP AND FUN at the FRIENDLIEST WAR IN THE KNOWNE WORLD!
With all the activities the SCA has to offer, and may more reasons besides, we think you should make Gulf Wars XX apart of your vacation planning for 2011 and we promise you'll leave happy.
Please visit our website at www.gulfwars.org for more information. Online registration will be open this week.
*******EARLY ARRIVAL OPTION NEW FOR THIS YEAR!!!!!********
New for this year is Early-On NON Staff. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING FOR IMPORTANT
INFORMATION REGARDING THIS OPTION:
You MUST register for the entire week of Gulf Wars ONLINE in order to be eligible for this option.
- You MUST select the"EARLY-ON NON STAFF" option in Acceps
- You may arrive between Sunday March 6th and Wednesday March 9th. You WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON SITE AFTER THIS DATE UNLESS YOU ARE A STAFF MEMBER, AND ARE ON THE STAFF EARLY ON LIST.
- You will be required to pay King's Arrow Ranch IN CASH at their designated daily rate upon your arrival for the ENTIRE WEEK of Sunday March 6th-Saturday March 12th. Your Gulf Wars Registration will then apply beginning Sunday March 12th.
- If you arrive at King's Arrow Ranch early and you are not on the staff list and you are not on the Non-staff early-on list, and/or you do not meet any one of the above requirements you WILL NOT be allowed on site.
- If you are arriving Early and have an RV- you MUST contact King's Arrow Ranch in advance to ensure they are ready for your arrival.
- On Saturday March 12th the Merchant troll-in begins. If you are Early-on you MUST TROLL IN AT THIS TIME. If you do not, members of staff will come and find you and you will be removed from site.
See you there!
Duchess Mary-Grace of Gatland